Windows Movie Maker is a great tool for making simple movies. Here’s a quick guide on how to cut music in Windows Movie Maker.
Checkout this video:
You can use Windows Movie Maker to edit your music and create custom soundtracks for your movies. In this guide, we’ll show you how to cut music in Windows Movie Maker so you can control exactly which parts of a song are used in your final video.
Whether you’re a whiz with Windows Movie Maker or just getting started, cutting music is an essential skill. The process is actually quite simple, but there are a few key things to keep in mind. Follow the steps below to learn how to cut music in Windows Movie Maker.
1. Open your project in Windows Movie Maker and click on the “Add music” button in the toolbar.
2. Find the song you want to use in the file explorer window that opens up. Once you’ve found it, select it and click “Open.”
3. The song will appear in the project timeline as a green bar. To preview it, click on the play button in the preview window or press the spacebar on your keyboard.
4. To start cutting the song, place your cursor at the point where you want to make the first cut and press the split button . Alternatively, you can click on the scissors icon in the toolbar .
5. Move your cursor to the end of the section you want to keep and press split again . Now you should have two separate sections of music in your timeline.
6. To delete a section of music, simply select it and press delete on your keyboard . You can also right-click on the section and select “Delete” from the menu that appears.
7. When you’re finished cutting your song, click on the “Save movie” button in the toolbar to save your project.
Cutting music in Windows Movie Maker
If you’ve got a movie or video project underway in Windows Movie Maker, you may want to add some background music to it. Whether your video is a homemade production or a professionally edited one, the right music can often make it more engaging and entertaining. Adding music to your Windows Movie Maker project is a simple process that only requires a few clicks of the mouse.
Tips and tricks
Movie Maker is a great way to make your own movies, but sometimes you just want to use a portion of a song or sound clip in your project. Here are some tips and tricks on how to best cut music in Windows Movie Maker.
One way to easily select the portion of the music you want to use is to first open the music file in Windows Media Player. Then, use the controls in Media Player to mark the beginning and end of the section you want to use. To do this, click on the “Start” button and then drag the slider to the section you want to start at. Once you’ve found the beginning of the section, press the “Ctrl” key and then click on the “Start” button again. This will mark the beginning of your selection. Next, do the same for the end of your selection by pressing “Ctrl” and clicking on the “End” button. Finally, go back to Windows Movie Maker and import your selected audio clip by clicking on “File” and then “Import.”
If you want more precise control over where your audio clip starts and ends, you can use the editing tools in Windows Movie Maker. To do this, first open up your music file in Movie Maker. Then, click on the “Edit” tab at the top of the window and choose “Split.” This will create two separate sections of audio that you can move around independently. To select a specific section of audio, click on it with your mouse and then press “Shift” + “Left arrow” or “Shift” + “Right arrow.” You can also use these keys to move between frames in a video clip. Once you’ve selected the section of audio you want to use, press “Ctrl” + “C” to copy it and then “Ctrl” + “V” to paste it into your project.
Q: How do I cut a song in Windows Movie Maker?
A: To cut a song in Windows Movie Maker, first import the song into the project. Then, use the split button to split the song at the point where you want it to end. Finally, delete the second half of the song.
Movie Maker is a great way to make simple videos. If you want to add music to your video, there are a few ways to do it. You can either use the music that’s already on your computer, or you can download new music.
If you want to use the music that’s already on your computer, you can just add it to the timeline. To do this, click on the “music” icon in the toolbar. This will open up a window where you can browse for the music file that you want to add. Once you’ve found it, just click on it and then click “open.” The song will be added to your timeline.
If you want to download new music, there are a few different places that you can go. One option is Amazon Music. To find songs on Amazon Music, just go to their website and search for the song that you want. Once you find it, click on the “buy MP3” button. The song will be added to your Amazon Music library and you can then download it onto your computer.
Another option for downloading new music is iTunes. To find songs on iTunes, just go to their website and search for the song that you want. Once you find it, click on the “get” button and the song will start downloading onto your computer.
Once you have the songs that you want, just add them to the timeline in Movie Maker like you would with any other piece of media.
-If you need to trim the beginning or end off of a song or other audio file, you can use the free Windows Movie Maker program to do so.
-First, open the audio file in Windows Movie Maker.
-Click on the “Edit” tab at the top of the window, then click on “Split.”
-Click and drag the cursor over the section of the song that you want to cut out, then release the mouse button.
-Click on “File” at the top of the window, then click on “Save Project.”
If you need help cutting music in Windows Movie Maker, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
We are a team of passionate music lovers who created this guide to help others learn how to cut music in Windows Movie Maker.
Terms and conditions
When you cut a piece of music in Windows Movie Maker, you are essentially removing a section of the song from the beginning, end, or middle. This can be useful if you want to create a custom soundtrack for your video project, or if you simply want to shorten a song to make it more manageable.
Cutting music in Windows Movie Maker is a relatively simple process, but there are a few things you should keep in mind before you get started. First, remember that cutting music will permanently remove the cut portion from the song — so be sure to save a copy of the original file before you begin. Secondly, keep in mind that cutting music can sometimes result in audio artifacts, or short clicks and pops, which can be distracting (or even painful) to listen to.
To avoid audio artifacts, it’s best to use an editing program like Audacity to cut your songs. Audacity is a free program that allows you to edit audio files with extreme precision. Once you’ve downloaded and installed Audacity, open your song file in the program and use the “Selection Tool” to select the portion of the song that you want to remove.
Then, simply click “Edit > Cut” from the menu bar at the top of the screen. You can then export your new, shortened song by clicking “File > Export…” and saving the file in your preferred format. If you don’t have access to Audacity, or if you simply don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading and installing another program, you can still cut music directly in Windows Movie Maker. However, doing so will likely result in audio artifacts.
To cut music in Windows Movie Maker:
1) Open your song file in Windows Media Player and note the exact point where you want to make your cut. Then begin playing the song and click “Pause” when you reach this point.
2) Right-click on the paused song file in Windows Media Player and select “Open File Location” from the contextual menu that appears. This will open the folder containing yoursong file in Windows Explorer.
3) Right-click on yoursong file again and select “Create Shortcut” from the contextual menu that appears.#4) Drag and drop this new shortcut file into your project folder in Windows Movie Maker.#5) Double-click on this shortcut file in Windows Movie Maker timeline to select it.#6) Right-click on this selected shortcut file and select “Split” from the contextual menu that appears.#7) Click “Play” from movie maker toolbar and watch preview window to find starting point for new piece of music.#8) Again right click on selected movie clip then click split option form contenxtual menu.#9 Now delete extra unwanted part form both sides(before & after split points).#10 Click save button form movie maker toolbar