Groove Music is a great way to listen to your music, but you may not want it on your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to disable it.
Checkout this video:
Microsoft’s Groove Music is the company’s dedicated music playback app that comes pre-installed on every new Windows 10 device. The app is a decent music player and supports almost all popular audio file formats. However, some users may want to disable or remove Groove Music for various reasons.
If you’re one of those users, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can disable Groove Music on Windows 10.
How to disable Groove Music on Windows 10
If you’re not a fan of Microsoft’s Groove Music app, you can disable it with a few simple steps. Here’s how:
1. Right-click on the Start button and select “Control Panel.”
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Programs and Features.”
3. Click on “Turn Windows Features On or Off.”
4. In the list of Windows features, uncheck the box next to “Groove Music.”
5. Click on “OK” to save your changes and exit the dialog box.
Why you might want to disable Groove Music
You might want to disable Groove Music on Windows 10 for a number of reasons. Maybe you don’t like the way it looks, or maybe you just don’t use it and would prefer to save some space on your computer. Either way, it’s easy to do and only takes a few seconds.
Here’s how to disable Groove Music on Windows 10:
1. Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Find Groove Music in the list of apps and click on it.
4. Click the “Uninstall” button.
5. Confirm that you want to uninstall Groove Music by clicking “Uninstall” again when prompted.
How to re-enable Groove Music
Groove Music isDisable Groove Music on Windows by deleting the app’s registry key. This will completely remove the Groove Music app from your system.
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
3. In Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
4. On the FileExts\.m3u8 registry key, right-click on the Groove Music subkey and select Delete.
5. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
There are a couple of different ways to disable Groove Music on Windows 10. You can either turn off the Microsoft Groove Music service entirely, or you can uninstall the Groove Music app.
If you just want to stop the Microsoft Groove Music service from running, you can do so by opening the Services window and disabling the service.
To completely remove Groove Music from your system, you will need to uninstall the app. This can be done through the Control Panel or by using PowerShell.